As humans, we have an inherent connection to the natural world around us. This connection has been expressed through stories, myths, and religions throughout history. One way that we can deepen this connection is by working with spirit animals. Spirit animals are guides, teachers, and protectors that can provide insight and wisdom in our lives. In the tarot, these spirit animals are often depicted in the cards, and the Wild Unknown Tarot Deck is no exception. But, how can we connect with these spirit animals, and what do they mean in the context of tarot readings? In this article, we will explore the power of spirit animals, delve into the Wild Unknown Tarot Deck, and learn how to connect with our own spirit animals for guidance and inspiration.
The Power of Spirit Animals
As we delve deeper into the world of tarot, we begin to understand the vast array of tools available to help us connect with our intuition and inner wisdom. Among these tools is the power of spirit animals. Spirit animals carry a unique energy and symbolism that can help guide us in our spiritual journey. In this article, we will explore what spirit animals are, why they are important to work with in tarot, and how to connect with them using the Wild Unknown Tarot deck. If you’re new to the Wild Unknown Tarot deck, check out our beginner’s guide for tips on getting started.
What are Spirit Animals?
Spirit animals are animals that serve as symbols or guides for individuals. Many cultures and spiritual traditions believe that all living beings, including animals, have a spiritual energy or essence. In some belief systems, there is the idea that each person has a specific animal that serves as their guide or protector, known as a spirit animal.
Spirit animals can appear in various forms, such as dreams, visions, or even in physical sightings. They can hold different meanings and interpretations based on individual experiences and cultural backgrounds. Some common interpretations of spirit animals include guidance, protection, and representing certain personality traits or characteristics.
In tarot, spirit animals can serve as symbols in readings or as guides for intuition and decision-making processes. By exploring the meanings and symbolism of different animals, tarot readers can gain a deeper understanding of the messages and insights offered by the cards.
Learning about spirit animals and their meanings can be a helpful tool for personal growth and self-discovery. By connecting with the energy and symbolism of an animal, individuals can tap into their own strengths and intuition.
To learn more about the symbolism of animals in the Wild Unknown Tarot deck, check out our article on Wild Unknown Tarot Symbolism. If you’re new to the deck, be sure to read our Wild Unknown Tarot Beginner’s Guide for tips on getting started.
Why Work with Spirit Animals in Tarot?
When it comes to tarot readings, we often tend to focus on our own psyche and the people and situations around us. However, working with spirit animals in tarot can offer a unique perspective and bring a deeper understanding to our readings.
Here are some reasons why it is worth considering working with spirit animals in tarot:
- Spirit animals can offer guidance and insight into our current situation by tapping into their inherent qualities and symbolism. Each animal has its own unique characteristics and strengths, which can provide us with a different perspective on our challenges and opportunities.
- Connecting with animal energies can also help to deepen our intuition and tap into our primal instincts. By working with the natural world, we can learn to trust our intuition and develop a stronger sense of self-awareness and personal power.
- Spirit animals can also represent important messages from the spiritual realm. In some indigenous traditions, for example, certain animals are seen as sacred messengers carrying important teachings and guidance for us to heed.
- Finally, working with spirit animals in tarot can simply be a fun and creative way to connect with nature and explore your own imagination. Whether you resonate with a fierce lion, a gentle deer, or a wise owl, there is no shortage of spirit animals to explore and connect with in the tarot.
If you’re new to working with spirit animals in tarot, then the Wild Unknown Tarot deck is a great place to start. Be sure to check out our tips for working with the Wild Unknown Tarot, as well as our guides to both the Major Arcana and Minor Arcana.
Exploring the Wild Unknown Tarot Deck
As you delve into the world of tarot, it’s important to find a deck that speaks to you on a personal level. One deck that has gained popularity among both beginners and experienced readers is the Wild Unknown Tarot. Created by artist and writer Kim Krans, this deck features stunning hand-drawn illustrations of various animals and nature elements. But before you start using this deck for your readings, it’s important to explore and get to know it better. In this section, we will take a closer look at the Wild Unknown Tarot and its symbolism, so you can feel confident incorporating it into your practice. Need some tips on how to cleanse and charge your Wild Unknown Tarot? Click here.
Getting to Know the Deck
To work with the Wild Unknown Tarot deck and its spirit animals, it’s important to become familiar with the deck. By understanding the meanings behind the images on the cards, you can better interpret their messages and guidance for connecting with your spirit animals.
Here’s a breakdown of the Wild Unknown Tarot deck:
|Major Arcana||The 22 cards that represent major life events and archetypes.|
|Minor Arcana||56 cards divided into four suits: wands, cups, pentacles, and swords.|
|Animal Spirit Deck||A supplemental deck featuring 63 animal cards and an accompanying guidebook.|
When getting to know the Wild Unknown Tarot deck, it can be helpful to study the meanings of all these cards. The Major Arcana represents significant life challenges and moments, such as The Fool or The Tower. Meanwhile, the Minor Arcana can offer more mundane or specific guidance related to daily life, such as the Two of Cups or the Ten of Swords.
As for the Animal Spirit Deck, it’s an optional addition to the Wild Unknown Tarot that can offer extra guidance and insight for connecting with your spirit animals. Each card features a unique animal and its symbolism, with an accompanying guidebook to provide context for the animal’s meaning.
To deepen your understanding of the Wild Unknown Tarot deck, you can explore resources such as interviews with creator Kim Krans (like this one), comparisons of the deck to more mainstream tarot decks (like this one), and tips for working with the deck (like these). With time and practice, you’ll develop a strong intuition for interpreting the deck’s messages and connecting with spirit animals on a deeper level.
Interpreting Spirit Animals in Tarot Readings
When interpreting spirit animals in Tarot readings, it’s important to keep in mind that every animal symbolizes something different. Here are some tips on how to interpret spirit animals in Tarot readings:
- Consider the context: The meaning of a spirit animal in a Tarot reading will depend on the specific context of the reading. For example, a wolf might represent loyalty and family in one reading, but aggression and danger in another.
- Look at the position of the card: If a spirit animal card appears in a past or present position, it may represent an actual animal that has played a significant role in the querent’s life. If it appears in a future position, it may represent an animal that will play a significant role in the querent’s future.
- Pay attention to the other cards in the reading: The presence of other cards can provide additional context for the spirit animal. For example, if the wolf card appears in a reading with the Hierophant, it might represent a teacher or mentor figure.
- Consider the traditional symbolism of the animal: Each animal has its own traditional symbolism, which can provide additional insight into its meaning in a Tarot reading. For example, the owl is often associated with wisdom and intuition, while the snake is associated with transformation and healing.
- Trust your intuition: Lastly, it’s important to trust your intuition when interpreting spirit animals in Tarot readings. Sometimes the meaning of a card will be obvious, and other times it may require some deeper reflection and meditation.
By keeping these tips in mind and approaching spirit animal cards with an open mind, Tarot readers can unlock deeper insights and guidance for themselves and their clients.
Connecting with Your Spirit Animals
As you delve into the world of tarot and spirit animals, you may find yourself eager to connect with these powerful beings. But how exactly do you go about connecting with your spirit animals? It’s a question that many tarot enthusiasts and spiritual seekers ponder. Fortunately, there are several ways to prepare yourself for connection and open yourself up to receiving guidance from your spirit animals. With a bit of patience and persistence, you can deepen your connection with your animal guides and gain valuable insights to enhance your personal growth and spiritual journey. So, let’s explore some tips and techniques for connecting with your spirit animals.
Preparing for Connection
Connecting with your spirit animals can be a powerful and transformative experience, but it’s important to prepare yourself before opening up to their messages. Here are some steps to follow to help you prepare for a deep connection with your spirit animals:
|1. Create a Quiet and Peaceful Space||Find a place where you won’t be interrupted and that feels peaceful to you. This could be a quiet room in your home, a natural setting, or anywhere else that feels calming.|
|2. Set an Intention||Before connecting with your spirit animals, set an intention for your session. This could be a question you want answered, a desire for guidance, or simply a request for a deeper connection with your animal guides.|
|3. Clear Your Mind and Relax Your Body||Take a few deep breaths and let go of any distracting thoughts or worries. Relax your body and let any tension or stress melt away.|
|4. Request Permission and Protection||Ask for permission to connect with your spirit animals and for their protection during your session. Visualize a protective bubble of light surrounding you and your space.|
|5. Open Yourself Up to the Connection||Allow yourself to be open and receptive to the messages of your spirit animals. Be willing to let go of expectations and allow the connection to unfold naturally.|
By following these simple steps, you can prepare yourself for a powerful and transformative connection with your spirit animals. Remember to approach the experience with an open mind and heart, and trust that your animal guides will provide the guidance and support you need.
Ways to Connect with Your Spirit Animals
When it comes to connecting with your spirit animals, there are several ways you can do so. Here are a few ways to try:
- Meditation: Perhaps the most popular way to connect with spirit animals is through meditation. Find a quiet place where you won’t be disturbed and focus on your breathing. Imagine yourself in a peaceful natural setting such as a forest or field. Visualize yourself meeting and communicating with your spirit animal.
- Nature Walks: Spending time in nature is another effective way of connecting with your spirit animal. Take a hike, go for a walk in the park, or simply spend time in your backyard. Observe the animals you encounter and pay attention to which ones you feel drawn to.
- Dreams: Pay attention to any dreams you have involving animals. Dreams can be a powerful way for your subconscious to communicate with you, and your spirit animal may appear to you in this way.
- Animal Spirit Guides: Look for books or online resources that list the meanings behind various spirit animals. Go through the list and see which animals immediately catch your attention. They may be your spirit animals.
- Intuition: Trust your intuition and pay attention to any animals that keep appearing in your life, on social media, or in conversations. Your intuition will guide you towards the right spirit animals for you.
- Oracle Cards: You can also use oracle cards specifically designed for connecting with spirit animals. Shuffle the deck and draw a card, meditating on the meaning behind the animal that appears.
Remember, connecting with your spirit animals takes time and patience. Be open and receptive to the messages they have for you, and trust that they will guide you on your journey.
Working with Spirit Animals in Your Tarot Practice
As you continue your journey of connecting with spirit animals in the Wild Unknown Tarot deck, you may be wondering how to incorporate them into your tarot practice. The good news is that spirit animals can be a powerful addition to any reading, offering deeper insights and guidance. But where do you begin? In this section, we will explore various ways to work with spirit animals in your tarot practice, from incorporating them into your spreads to understanding their symbolism in tarot. So let’s dive in and see how you can deepen your connection with the animal kingdom through your tarot readings.
Incorporating Spirit Animals into Your Spreads
When incorporating Spirit Animals into your Tarot spreads, there are a few important things to keep in mind. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Choose your spread: First, decide which Tarot spread you want to use. You can choose a traditional spread, or create your own. Consider the purpose of the spread and how Spirit Animals might fit into that theme.
- Choose your Spirit Animals: Next, choose which Spirit Animals you want to work with. You can choose based on personal connection or based on the symbolism associated with certain animals.
- Place your Spirit Animals: Decide where in the spread you want to place your Spirit Animals. You can place them in specific positions, or simply draw a card for each Spirit Animal and interpret them accordingly.
- Interpret the Cards: Once the Spirit Animals are in place, interpret the cards as you normally would, but with the added layer of symbolism that comes with the Spirit Animals. Consider the traditional meanings of the cards, as well as the specific traits associated with each animal.
- Draw Conclusions: Use the messages from the Spirit Animals to draw conclusions about the reading. What is the overall message that they are trying to convey? How can you apply this message to your life?
Remember, working with Spirit Animals in Tarot is a highly personal practice. Experiment with different spreads and see what feels best for you. Don’t be afraid to try new things and incorporate your own intuition into your practice. With time and practice, you can develop a powerful connection with your Spirit Animals and find new ways to use Tarot for personal growth and self-discovery.
Examples of Spirit Animal Tarot Spreads
Incorporating spirit animals into your tarot practice can add a new depth of meaning and insight to your readings. Here are some examples of tarot spreads that focus on working with spirit animals:
- The Animal Guide Spread: This spread involves drawing one card to represent your current animal guide, and three additional cards to reveal insights or advice from the guide. Place these cards in a row, with the guide card in the center and the other three cards on either side.
- The Animal Allies Spread: This spread involves drawing four cards to represent each of the four directions (North, South, East, and West) and the corresponding animals associated with those directions. These cards can offer guidance or support in each of those areas of your life.
- The Journey Spread: This spread involves drawing three cards to represent the past, present, and future of your spiritual journey with your animal guide. This can illuminate patterns, obstacles, or progress along the way.
- The Shadow Animal Spread: This spread involves drawing one card to represent a shadow or dark aspect of yourself that you may be overlooking or ignoring. The card can also offer insight into how to work with and integrate that aspect in a healthy way. Then, draw a second card to represent the corresponding animal guide or ally that can help you navigate this shadow work.
Remember that tarot spreads are meant to be guides and suggestions, but don’t be afraid to adapt or modify them to fit your needs and preferences. Trust your intuition and connection with your spirit animals to guide you in your tarot practice.
Understanding Animal Symbolism in Tarot
Tarot cards are rich in symbolism, with each image carrying its own unique meaning. When it comes to spirit animals in tarot, the symbolism becomes even more important. Understanding the meaning behind each animal can help you interpret the cards with greater depth and accuracy. Here are some examples of animal symbolism in tarot:
- Lion: Represents courage, strength, and leadership.
- Bear: Symbolizes strength, introspection, and healing.
- Butterfly: Represents transformation, growth, and change.
- Wolf: Symbolizes instinct, loyalty, and community.
- Snake: Represents transformation, rebirth, and healing.
- Owl: Symbolizes wisdom, intuition, and magic.
- Deer: Represents gentleness, intuition, and sensitivity.
Each animal carries its own unique energy and symbolism, and incorporating that into your tarot practice can deepen your readings.
It’s also important to note that the meaning of an animal in tarot isn’t always straightforward. For example, a lion could represent bravery and courage in one reading, but in another reading, it may symbolize overconfidence or even aggression. Context is important, so be sure to pay attention to the other cards in the spread and trust your intuition when interpreting the symbolism.
Understanding animal symbolism in tarot can help you connect with your spirit animals on a deeper level and provide greater insight into your readings. Take the time to explore the meanings behind different animals and how they relate to your own personal experience and journey.
Deepening Your Connection with Spirit Animals
As we continue on our journey to connect with the spirit animals in the Wild Unknown Tarot Deck, we may find ourselves yearning for a deeper connection. We want to fully immerse ourselves in the messages and guidance that these animals have to offer. But how can we achieve this level of connection? How can we tap into the wisdom of our spirit animals on a deeper level? In this section, we will explore some techniques to help deepen our connection with these powerful messengers of the divine.
Journaling with Spirit Animals
One powerful way to deepen your connection with spirit animals is by journaling with them. Journaling can help you process and understand the messages and guidance you receive from your animal allies.
Below are some tips for journaling with spirit animals:
- Set aside dedicated time: Choose a time when you won’t be interrupted so you can fully focus on your journaling. This can be a few minutes every day or a longer period of time once a week.
- Choose a quiet space: Find a quiet and comfortable space where you can relax and feel at ease. This could be your bedroom, a park, or a meditation room.
- Invite your spirit animal: Before you begin writing, take a few deep breaths and visualize inviting your spirit animal to join you. Ask them to guide your writing and offer any insights or messages they have for you.
- Start writing: Begin writing whatever thoughts or impressions come to you, even if they don’t seem to make sense at first. Let your intuition guide you and don’t worry about being perfect or grammatically correct.
- Reflect: After you’re done writing, take some time to reflect on what you’ve written. Look for patterns or connections between different entries.
- Act on guidance: If your spirit animal has given you specific guidance or advice, consider how you can apply it to your life. You may want to set goals or take specific actions based on the messages you received.
Remember, journaling with spirit animals is a personal practice and there’s no right or wrong way to do it. Allow yourself to be open to the process and trust that your animal ally will guide you in the way that’s most meaningful for you.
Oracle Cards vs. Tarot Cards for Animal Guidance
When it comes to connecting with and receiving guidance from spirit animals, there are various tools that one can use, including both oracle cards and tarot cards. Each option has its own unique benefits and drawbacks, and it ultimately comes down to individual preference.
Oracle Cards are typically seen as a more beginner-friendly option, as they often feature simplistic imagery and messages. They can be easier to interpret and understand, making them a great starting point for those new to the world of divination. Additionally, oracle card decks may be more specific to animal spirit guides, allowing for a deeper dive into animal symbolism.
On the other hand, tarot cards are considered a more complex tool, with a larger number of cards and a more intricate system of meanings and interpretations. This can make tarot cards more challenging to learn and use effectively, but can also offer a greater depth of insight and nuance in readings. The Wild Unknown Tarot Deck, for example, uses animal imagery throughout the deck, allowing for a unique and insightful exploration of animal symbolism.
Ultimately, both oracle and tarot cards can serve as powerful tools for connecting with and receiving guidance from the spirit animal realm. Whether one chooses to use oracle cards for their simplicity or tarot cards for their complexity, the key is to approach the cards with an open heart and mind, and to use them as a means of deepening one’s connection to the natural world and the animal kingdom.
|Oracle Cards||Tarot Cards|
|Simplistic imagery and messages||Larger number of cards and intricate system of meanings|
|More specific to animal spirit guides||Allows for a unique and insightful exploration of animal symbolism|
|Easier to interpret and understand||Can offer a greater depth of insight and nuance in readings|
In conclusion, connecting with spirit animals through tarot can be a powerful and enlightening experience. By working with the Wild Unknown Tarot deck or any deck that resonates with you, you can tap into the symbolism and energy of different animals and gain insight into yourself and your life path.
Through careful study and observation, you can begin to interpret the meaning of different animals in tarot readings and learn how to incorporate them into your spreads. This can help you to gain a deeper understanding of your own strengths and weaknesses and the challenges that you may face on your journey.
To deepen your connection with spirit animals, there are many exercises and practices that you can undertake, such as journaling, meditation, and custom spreads. By following your intuition and building a relationship with your chosen animals, you can unlock even greater levels of insight and guidance.
It’s important to remember that working with spirit animals is a personal journey, and everyone’s experience will be unique. There is no right or wrong way to approach this practice, so be open to exploring and experiment with different approaches until you find what works best for you.
Overall, the Wild Unknown Tarot deck provides a rich and diverse representation of spirit animals that can offer a wealth of insight and inspiration in your tarot practice. By tapping into the power of these animals, you can deepen your understanding of yourself and the world around you, and gain the clarity and guidance you need to navigate life’s challenges with greater ease and grace.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Wild Unknown Tarot Deck?
The Wild Unknown Tarot deck is a deck of 78 cards featuring hand-drawn images of animals and nature, designed by Kim Krans.
What are spirit animals?
Spirit animals are animals that hold significance and symbolism in various cultures and belief systems, and are said to be guides and allies for individuals throughout their lives.
Why work with spirit animals in tarot?
Working with spirit animals in tarot can add a deeper layer of personal meaning and guidance to readings, as well as provide insight and support for one’s spiritual journey.
How do I connect with my spirit animal?
There are many ways to connect with your spirit animal, such as meditation, visualization, and observing patterns in nature. It is important to find a method that resonates with you personally.
How can I interpret animal symbolism in tarot readings?
Interpreting animal symbolism in tarot readings involves understanding the traditional meanings associated with certain animals, as well as considering personal associations and intuition.
What spreads can I use to work with spirit animals in tarot?
There are many spreads that incorporate spirit animals, such as the Animal Guide Spread and the Past-Present-Future Spread.
How can I deepen my connection with my spirit animal?
Journaling about your experiences with your spirit animal, working with oracle cards, and incorporating rituals into your practice are all ways to deepen your connection.
What is the difference between tarot and oracle cards?
Tarot cards have a structured system with set meanings and symbolism, while oracle cards are freer in their interpretation and can have varying themes and imagery.
What is unique about the Wild Unknown Tarot Deck?
The Wild Unknown Tarot Deck is known for its minimalist, hand-drawn style and use of animals and nature as its primary symbolism.
Can I use the Wild Unknown Tarot Deck as a beginner?
Yes, the Wild Unknown Tarot Deck can be used by beginners, but it is important to have a basic understanding of tarot and symbolism.