As we embark on the journey of selecting our first Wild Unknown Tarot deck, we may find ourselves questioning where to start. With such a vast array of styles, symbolism, and materials to choose from, the process can feel overwhelming. However, fear not, as this article will guide you step-by-step through the essential considerations to help you make an informed decision. From exploring illustrations and symbolism to understanding affordability and availability, we will break down the elements needed to select a deck that will bond with you effortlessly. So, grab a cup of tea, and let’s dive into the mystical world of tarot.
Illustrations and Symbolism
When choosing your first Wild Unknown Tarot deck, one important aspect to consider is the illustrations and symbolism. The artwork and symbolism of a tarot deck can heavily influence the energy and interpretation of each reading. The Wild Unknown Tarot deck features unique and captivating artwork, with rich and diverse symbolism throughout. Understanding the art style and symbolism of the Wild Unknown Tarot can help you connect more deeply with the cards and enhance your readings. For a more in-depth understanding of the symbolism in this deck, check out our guide to Wild Unknown Tarot Symbolism.
When choosing your first Wild Unknown Tarot deck, one factor to consider is the art style. The Wild Unknown Tarot is known for its stunning and unique illustrations that add depth and meaning to each card. There are two main aspects to consider when it comes to art style: the overall style of the deck and the symbolism used in the illustrations.
Overall Style: The Wild Unknown Tarot deck has a minimalist and modern art style which sets it apart from many traditional tarot decks. The use of bold lines, limited color palettes, and negative space, create a striking visual impact. The art style is inspired by nature, and each card features a different detailed illustration of an animal, plant or natural element.
Symbolism: The Wild Unknown Tarot is filled with rich symbolism that can help you better understand the meaning of each card. The creator, Kim Krans, has drawn from a variety of spiritual and philosophical traditions including, Jungian psychology, Eastern mysticism and Native American spirituality. Each card features a detailed illustration that conveys complex meanings, making it crucial to look closely and interpret the message.
It’s important to choose a deck whose art style resonates with you and speaks to you on a deeper level. You can also consider if the symbolism aligns with your personal beliefs and values. To learn more about the Wild Unknown Tarot symbolism, visit this guide on Wild Unknown Tarot symbolism.
It’s also worth noting that the Wild Unknown Tarot has two editions: the Wild Unknown Tarot Major Arcana, which features only the 22 major arcana cards, and the full Wild Unknown Tarot deck, which includes all 78 cards. Beginners may find it helpful to start with the Major Arcana deck first, while more experienced readers may prefer the full deck.
Ultimately, the art style of your Wild Unknown Tarot deck should resonate with you visually and energetically. It should inspire you to connect more deeply with the tarot and your intuition. For more tips on choosing the right deck, check out this guide on Wild Unknown Tarot beginners tips.
Symbolism is a key aspect of any tarot deck, and it’s essential to consider the symbolism present in the cards when choosing your first Wild Unknown Tarot deck. The Wild Unknown Tarot deck has a unique style that combines nature-inspired illustrations with traditional tarot symbolism, making it a popular choice for those who want something visually appealing and meaningful.
The cards in the Wild Unknown Tarot deck are filled with bold and striking imagery that draws on the natural world. From stately eagles and wise owls to majestic deer and fierce lions, every animal is chosen for its symbolic meaning. There is also a strong focus on the four elements: earth, air, fire, and water. These elements are represented by various items such as feathers, flames, and waves.
The Wild Unknown Tarot deck has a certain minimalistic aesthetic, and the symbolism is often conveyed through simple, clean lines and patterns. This simplicity allows the viewer to focus on the essence of the image and the message it’s intended to convey.
When choosing your Wild Unknown Tarot deck, it’s important to consider the symbolism present in the cards. Think about what resonates with you and your personal beliefs, and choose a deck that speaks to you artistically and symbolically.
To learn more about tarot and the Wild Unknown Tarot, check out these related articles:
- Wild Unknown Tarot Beginner’s Guide
- How to Cleanse and Charge Your Wild Unknown Tarot
- Connecting with Spirit Animals in the Wild Unknown Tarot
- Wild Unknown Tarot vs Popular Decks
- Interview with the Creator of the Wild Unknown Tarot
Size and Material
As you go about choosing your first Wild Unknown Tarot Deck, it is important to consider the size and material of the deck. The size and weight of the cards will impact how they feel in your hands and how easy they are to shuffle. The material of the deck will affect their durability and longevity. With so many options out there, it is understandable to feel perplexed and unsure of what to choose. But fear not, we have compiled some tips and factors to consider to help you make a well-informed decision. Let’s dive into the world of tarot card materials and sizes!
One important factor to consider when choosing your first Wild Unknown Tarot deck is the size of the cards. Wild Unknown Tarot decks come in various sizes, so it’s essential to choose a size that is comfortable for you to handle and shuffle.
Deck size also plays a significant role in understanding the tarot symbolism. Larger cards may be easier to see and interpret the artwork, but smaller cards may be more portable and easier to shuffle. To help you make an informed decision, refer to the following table:
|1.875″x 2.75″||Portable, easy to shuffle||Artwork may be challenging to see|
|Standard||2.75″x4.75″||Common size, easy to handle||May be too big for some hands, less portable|
|Large||3.5″x5.75″||Easier to see artwork and symbolism||Less portable, may be too big for some hands|
As you can see, each deck size has its own advantages and drawbacks, so it’s essential to consider your preference and intended use. If you are looking for a deck to carry with you wherever you go, then a pocket-sized deck might be a good option. On the other hand, if you want to study the tarot symbolism in detail, then a larger deck might be more suitable.
Ultimately, the size of the Wild Unknown Tarot deck you choose is a matter of personal preference. Consider trying out different sizes in person, or order a few online to test out before committing to one particular size. Remember that a deck that feels comfortable in your hands and eyes ultimately leads to a better Tarot reading experience.
When it comes to choosing a Wild Unknown Tarot deck, it is important to consider the material that the cards are made from. The right card material can impact the quality of your readings and overall experience with the deck. Here are some factors to consider:
- Card durability: A deck that is used frequently will need sturdy cards that can withstand constant shuffling and handling. Look for decks made from thicker cardstock or with a protective coating.
- Card texture: The texture of the cards can affect how they feel and shuffle in your hands. Some prefer smooth cards while others prefer a more textured finish. Consider what type of texture you prefer and choose a deck with a similar cardstock.
- Glossy or matte: The finish of the cards can also impact the texture and durability. Glossy cards have a shiny finish but may be more prone to scratches or fingerprints. Matte cards have a more subdued finish but are often more durable.
- Card size: The size of the cards can impact how they feel in your hands and how easy they are to shuffle. Consider if you have smaller or larger hands and choose a deck with a card size that feels comfortable to use.
The material of the cards is an important factor to consider when choosing a Wild Unknown Tarot deck. It can impact the durability, texture, and overall feel of the deck during use. Don’t overlook this important aspect in your decision-making process.
Affordability and Availability
As you embark on your journey to choose your first Wild Unknown Tarot Deck, you may find yourself wondering about the affordability and availability of the various options on the market. It’s natural to have some perplexity about these factors, especially as you want to make sure that you invest in a deck that aligns with your intuition and overall preferences. In this section, we will explore the importance of considering both the price and availability of decks, as it pertains to finding the perfect match for you. So let’s dive in!
When looking at selecting your first Wild Unknown Tarot deck, it’s important to consider the affordability of the deck. Tarot card prices can range anywhere from $15 to over $100, depending on the edition, size, and materials used. It’s important to determine your budget beforehand so that you don’t overspend on a deck that you can’t afford.
Another thing to consider is the availability of the deck. Some older or limited edition decks may be harder to find and therefore carry a higher price tag. However, newer and more popular decks may also have a higher price due to demand. Keep in mind that just because a deck is more expensive, it does not necessarily mean that it is better or more accurate.
To make it easier for you, here are some popular Wild Unknown Tarot decks and their approximate prices:
|The Wild Unknown Tarot (1st edition)||$40-50|
|The Wild Unknown Animal Spirit Deck||$30-40|
|The Wild Unknown Archetypes Deck||$35-45|
|The Wild Unknown Tarot (2nd edition)||$50-60|
As you can see, there is a range in prices depending on the deck you choose. Keep in mind that prices may vary depending on where you purchase the deck from as well. It’s always a good idea to shop around and compare prices before making a purchase.
When choosing your first Wild Unknown tarot deck, availability is an important factor to consider. Availability refers to how easily accessible the deck is for purchase. Some decks may be limited edition or only available in certain areas, making it difficult for you to obtain them.
To ensure that you are able to purchase the deck of your choice, it is recommended that you research the availability of the deck online, in local stores, and with other tarot enthusiasts. One way to check for availability is to search for the deck on websites such as Amazon, Barnes and Noble, or Etsy. These websites often have a wide selection of decks available and customer reviews can give insight into the availability of specific decks.
Another option is to check with local metaphysical or spiritual shops to see if they carry the deck or if they can order it for you. Supporting local shops also helps to strengthen your connection to the tarot community and allows you to see the deck in person before purchasing it.
Keep in mind that some Wild Unknown tarot decks may be out of print or unavailable for purchase. If this is the case, you may need to consider purchasing a pre-owned deck or waiting for a new edition to be released. It is important to remember that the availability of a deck should not be the sole factor in choosing your first Wild Unknown tarot deck, as there are many other aspects to consider such as illustrations, symbolism, and price.
In short, always check the availability of the Wild Unknown tarot deck you want to purchase before making your final decision. Keep in mind that there may be limited edition or out of print decks that may be difficult to obtain, but with a bit of research and patience, you can find the perfect deck for you.
Intuition and Connection
As you dive deeper into the world of tarot, you’ll come to learn that your deck is more than just a set of cards – it’s a tool that requires a special connection and intuition. Your experience with the Wild Unknown Tarot deck should be personal and tailored to your unique preferences. But with so many decks to choose from, it’s natural to feel a bit overwhelmed. How do you know which deck is right for you? Let’s explore some factors to consider when choosing a deck that speaks to your intuition and fosters a strong connection.
Finding a tarot deck that speaks to you is all about personal preference. Here are some things to consider when choosing a deck based on your own tastes and desires:
- Art style: Do you prefer intricate, detailed illustrations, or simple, minimalist designs? Do you like bright, bold colors or muted, earthy tones? Look for a deck with a style that resonates with you on a visual level.
- Theme: Some tarot decks have a specific theme, such as animals, plants, or mythology. Consider whether you are drawn to a particular type of imagery or symbolism, and look for a deck that reflects that interest.
- Creator: Do you have a favorite tarot creator whose work you admire? Look into their offerings and see if any of their decks catch your eye.
- Divination style: Are you interested in traditional tarot interpretations, or do you prefer a deck with a modern or unique interpretation of the cards? Consider what type of divination you want to practice with your deck.
- Connection: Ultimately, the most important factor in choosing a tarot deck is your personal connection to it. Trust your intuition and choose a deck that speaks to you on a deep level.
Keep in mind that there is no right or wrong choice when it comes to tarot decks – different decks will resonate with different people. Don’t worry too much about what other people are using or what is popular – focus on finding a deck that feels right for you.
When choosing your first Wild Unknown Tarot deck, it’s important to consider the energy that the deck embodies. Each deck has its own unique energy that can greatly affect the readings you receive. Here are some factors to keep in mind:
|Deck Energy Factors||Description|
|Theme||Consider the theme of the deck and how it resonates with you. Is it nature-based, animal-based, or is it a mix of different themes? A deck that is centered around nature may bring you a more grounded and earthy energy.|
|Artist’s Intention||Consider what the artist’s intention was when creating the deck. Did they have a specific message they wanted to convey or a certain energy they wanted to embody? Knowing the artist’s intention can give you a better understanding of the deck’s energy.|
|Color Palette||Each deck has its own color palette that can greatly affect the energy of the deck. Bright, vibrant colors may bring a more energetic and lively vibe, while muted colors may bring a more calming and introspective energy.|
|Card Interaction||It’s important to physically interact with the cards before purchasing. Handling the deck can give you a better sense of its energy and how it feels in your hands. Shuffle the cards and see how they feel to you. Do they feel light or heavy? Smooth or rough?|
|Personal Connection||A deck’s energy will ultimately be subjective to each individual. It’s important to choose a deck that resonates with you personally and feels right for you. Trusting your intuition and personal connection to the deck can greatly enhance the accuracy and effectiveness of your readings.|
By considering all these factors, you can choose a deck with the right energy that aligns with your personal preferences and intentions. Remember, the more connected you feel to your deck, the more successful your readings will be.
Deck Comparison and Research
One of the biggest challenges when selecting your first Wild Unknown Tarot deck is figuring out which one is right for you. With so many options available, it can be overwhelming to make a decision. This is where research and comparison come in handy. By taking the time to compare different decks and read reviews, you can narrow down your options and find the one that speaks to you the most. In this section, we will explore some helpful tips and strategies for comparing and researching Wild Unknown Tarot decks.
One crucial step in choosing your first Wild Unknown Tarot deck is to read reviews. Reviews can give you an idea of the strengths and weaknesses of a particular deck, as well as the experience of others who have used it. When reading reviews, it’s essential to take note of both positive and negative comments.
Here are some tips for reading and evaluating reviews:
- Look for patterns: Pay attention to comments that are consistently mentioned by different reviewers. This may indicate a recurring issue or highlight a deck’s strong points.
- Consider the source: Take a look at who is leaving the review. Are they an experienced tarot reader, or is it their first deck? Are they someone who has used similar decks before? Understanding the reviewer’s background and perspective can help you evaluate their comments better.
- Read in-depth: Take the time to read through the reviews thoroughly. Don’t just skim through them. Pay attention to specific comments about the deck’s artwork, symbolism, card stock, and guidebook. These details can provide valuable insights on the deck’s strengths and weaknesses and help you decide if it’s a good fit for you.
- Be critical: Keep in mind that not all reviews are created equal. Some may be overly negative or positive. Look for reviews that offer constructive criticism or praise and try to avoid those that are too biased.
Reading reviews is an excellent way to get a sense of the deck before you purchase it. Use them as a tool to gather more information and make an informed decision when choosing your first Wild Unknown Tarot deck.
When choosing your first Wild Unknown tarot deck, it’s important to compare your options to find the one that speaks to you the most. Here are some steps to follow when comparing decks:
- Research different decks: Look up different Wild Unknown tarot decks to see which one resonates with you the most. Read about the artwork and symbolism, as well as the size and material of each deck.
- Compare the artwork: Take note of the art style and colors used in each deck. Do you prefer a minimalist approach or one with more detail? Which deck’s artwork speaks to you on a deeper level?
- Analyze the symbolism: Different decks may have different symbolism and meanings for each card. Look into the symbolism of the decks you’re considering and see which one’s interpretations resonate with you more.
- Consider deck size: Some decks may have larger or smaller cards than others. Think about where you plan on using your deck and what size would be most comfortable for you.
- Think about material: Wild Unknown tarot decks can come in various card materials such as stock paper, plastic, or linen finish. Consider whether you’d prefer a more durable or more aesthetic card material.
- Take price into account: Wild Unknown tarot decks can vary in price depending on where you purchase them from, so be sure to compare prices from different retailers to ensure you’re getting the best deal.
- Check availability: Not all Wild Unknown tarot decks may be readily available for purchase, so be sure to check multiple retailers and marketplaces in order to find the deck you want.
Taking the time to compare different Wild Unknown tarot decks will ensure you find the one that’s right for you and will enhance your readings the most.
Cleansing and Bonding With Your Deck
Now that you’ve chosen the perfect Wild Unknown Tarot deck for yourself, it’s time to begin your journey with it. But before you dive into reading the cards, it’s important to cleanse and bond with your deck first. The symbolism and energy of your deck can be affected by the manufacturing and shipping process, so it’s essential to clear any residual energy and connect with your deck on a personal level to enhance your readings. In this section, we’ll explore various methods for cleansing and bonding with your deck so that you can fully embrace the magic of tarot.
Clearing the Deck
Clearing the deck is an important part of tarot reading. It is the process of removing any energy or vibrations that may have built up in the deck over time. It is crucial to clear your deck of any negative energy before using it. Here are some ways you can clear your tarot deck:
1. Shuffling: One of the easiest ways to clear your deck is by shuffling it vigorously. This will help to disperse any negative energy that may be lingering in the deck. Shuffling can also help to break in a new deck and make it easier to use for readings.
2. Smudging: Smudging is a ritual that involves burning dried herbs or sage to create smoke, which is then waved over the deck. This is an effective way to clear any negative energy from both the deck and the surrounding area. You can also use palo santo or incense if you prefer.
3. Salt: Another way to clear your deck is by using salt. You can either place your deck in a bowl of salt or sprinkle salt over the deck and then gently shake it off. This will help to absorb any negative energy and purify the deck.
4. Moonlight: A popular way to clear a tarot deck is by leaving it in the moonlight overnight. Place your deck on a windowsill or outside and let the moon’s energy cleanse and charge the deck.
5. Crystals: In addition to the methods above, you can also use crystals to clear your deck. Simply place your deck on a clear quartz crystal, or any other cleansing crystal, and leave it there for a few hours.
Remember, the goal of clearing your tarot deck is to remove any energy that may interfere with your readings. Regularly clearing your deck will help to maintain its energy and ensure accurate readings.
One of the most important steps in working with a new tarot deck is to bond with it. This can help establish a strong spiritual connection and enhance your intuitive abilities. There are several different rituals and activities you can do to bond with your deck, depending on your personal preferences and beliefs.
One bonding ritual that can be effective is to sleep with your deck under your pillow at night. This can allow your energy to meld with that of the cards and create a deeper connection. Additionally, you may find that your dreams are more vivid and full of symbolism with the deck close by.
Another option is to perform a consecration ritual. This involves imbuing the cards with your personal energy and intentions. To do this, you can create a sacred space, light candles, and burn incense or sage to cleanse the deck. Then, hold each card one at a time and visualize your energy flowing into it. You may also recite a personal mantra or prayer as you do this.
Using your deck regularly is also an important part of bonding with it. As you practice readings, pay attention to the energy and symbolism of each card. Over time, you may notice patterns and connections that can deepen your understanding of your deck and your intuition.
Finally, finding a storage place for your deck that feels sacred can also help strengthen your connection with it. This could be a special box or cloth, or a designated space on your altar.
Bonding with your tarot deck is a personal and spiritual journey that requires intention and attention. By incorporating rituals and practices that feel meaningful to you, you can create a strong bond with your deck that can enhance your readings and deepen your spiritual practice.
|Sleeping with your deck under your pillow|
|Performing a consecration ritual|
|Using your deck regularly|
|Creating a sacred storage space for your deck|
In conclusion, choosing your first Wild Unknown Tarot Deck can be an exciting but overwhelming process. Remember to take your time and consider various factors before making a purchase. Illustrations and symbolism are important aspects to consider, as they can greatly affect your connection to the deck. The art style should resonate with you, and the symbolism should align with your personal beliefs and understanding of the tarot.
The size and material of the deck should also be taken into consideration. Think about what size is comfortable for you to shuffle and handle, as well as the card material that will hold up to regular use.
Affordability and availability are also important factors to think about. Price may be a deciding factor for some, but it shouldn’t be the only factor. Look for decks that are within your budget and available for purchase.
Ultimately, the most important aspect to consider is your personal intuition and connection to the deck. Personal preference plays a major role in choosing the right deck, as well as the overall energy of the deck.
It’s also important to do your research and compare different decks before making a purchase. Read reviews from others who have used the deck, and take note of any differences between decks.
Once you acquire your new deck, remember to cleanse it before use and perform bonding rituals to strengthen your connection to the cards.
Overall, choosing your first Wild Unknown Tarot Deck requires careful consideration and research. Trust your intuition and take the time to find the deck that best resonates with you.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is tarot?
Tarot is a deck of cards that has been used for centuries in different cultures for divination, meditation, and personal development.
How many cards are there in a tarot deck?
Most tarot decks consist of 78 cards, divided into two major sections: the Major Arcana and the Minor Arcana.
What is the Major Arcana?
The Major Arcana consists of 22 cards that represent significant events, influences, and archetypes in a person’s life journey, such as The Fool, The Magician, The Lovers, The Tower, and The World.
What is the Minor Arcana?
The Minor Arcana consists of 56 cards divided into four suits, each with 14 cards, that represent everyday life experiences, challenges, and emotions.
Do I need to be a psychic to use tarot?
No. Tarot is a tool that can be used by anyone, regardless of their beliefs, religion or psychic abilities. It’s all about interpretation and intuition.
How do I choose a tarot deck?
You can choose a tarot deck based on its illustrations and symbolism, size and material, affordability and availability, intuition and connection, and by comparing and researching different decks.
How do I bond with my tarot deck?
You can bond with your tarot deck by clearing it from negative energies, infusing it with your energy, doing a consecration ritual, and treating it with respect and appreciation.
Can I use tarot for predicting the future?
Tarot can provide insights, guidance, and perspectives on potential outcomes based on the current situation, but it’s not a definite predictor of the future.
Do I need to learn all the meanings of the tarot cards?
No, you can start by learning the basics and then let your intuition guide you. It’s more about connecting with the cards and trusting your inner voice.
What if I get a negative card in my tarot reading?
Don’t panic. A negative card doesn’t necessarily mean a negative outcome. It could represent a challenge, a lesson, or an opportunity for growth and transformation.
Can I use tarot for personal growth and self-reflection?
Yes, tarot can help you gain clarity, insight, and understanding about yourself, your actions, and your feelings. It can also inspire you to take positive steps towards achieving your goals.